THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND PUERTO RICO ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR PUERTO RICO AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
CHEETOS CHEESY GOOD FORTUNES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN CHEETOS CHEESY GOOD FORTUNES (THE “PROMOTION”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY (“JUDGES”), WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
- PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on September 10, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on November 4, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). The time clock of computer administering this Promotion is the official clock for this Promotion.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, purchase any specially-marked CHEETOS® brand product and look for the Bag Code located below the “guaranteed fresh” statement on the front of the bag (“Bag Code”). To obtain a free Bag Code, send a 3" x 5" card or piece of paper with your full name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, and email address, to be received by October 30, 2018, to: Cheetos Cheesy Good Fortunes Bag Code Request, PO Box 760006, Dept. 881-769, El Paso, TX 88576-0006. One (1) Bag Code will be emailed to the email address provided. Limit one (1) free Bag Code request per stamped-outer envelope. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, unintelligible or undelivered mail or Bag Code Requests or Bag Codes.
During the Promotion Period and upon obtaining a Bag Code, go to CheetosHalloween.com (the “Web Site”). Follow the on-screen instructions to register and input your Bag Code and then properly submit an online play to determine if you have won a prize (subject to verification) (a “Play”).
If your computer screen or mobile device displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of the indicated prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a non-winning prize message, you are not a winner of a prize. Randomly-selected times, during the Promotion Period, will be chosen by the Judges, and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) at or immediately after a randomly selected time) will win a prize (subject to verification). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Plays received and the order in which they are received.
Limit ten (10) Bag Code submissions per person/email address or household per day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day, with the exception of the first day of the Promotion Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT. All Plays must be properly received and recorded by the Sponsor’s computer within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible to win a prize.
Data rates may apply if submitting a Play with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device using your wireless service provider’s network. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
All participants must have a valid email address. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. In the event of an identity dispute of a participant, the Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used for submitting Play(s). “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Plays (including but not limited to Plays made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of Plays and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all Plays will be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited.
- PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize winner will receive a $5,000.00 cash prize.
First Prize (5): Each First Prize winner will receive a $2,500.00 cash prize.
Second Prize (10): Each Second Prize winner will receive a $1,000.00 cash prize.
Third Prize (15): Each Third Prize winner will receive a $500.00 cash prize.
Fourth Prize (36): Each Fourth Prize winner will receive a $250.00 cash prize.
Fifth Prize (60): Each Fifth Prize winner will receive a $100.00 cash prize.
All cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check or wire transfer, payable to winner. Winner must accept the prize as stated by Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited. Limit one (1) prize per household. Total value of all prizes is $50,000.00.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified instantly with a Prize Confirmation notice on screen during their online session at the Web Site with instructions on how to claim his/her prize (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification as indicated on the Affidavit. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address. If (i) an attempted notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, (ii) winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions as stated within the prize-winning message, (iii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (iv) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (v) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents, if any. Prizes will be shipped within six (6) weeks to eight (8) weeks of winner verification.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment or mobile device resulting from participation in the Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, participants (or parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) agree (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor or Promotion Parties and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents from any and all claims, actions, losses, injuries, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, recipients (and recipient’s parent or legal guardian if recipient is a minor) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including travel thereto, and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, and its designees and assigns the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- DISCLAIMER: Bag Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Bag Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Bag Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Bag Code, while supplies last. Bag Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Bag Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, programming, seeding, printing or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed in any prize category, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize, if applicable. No substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of a prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the process of submitting a Play, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Plays received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in is offered only in the United States and Puerto Rico and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 4, 2018 to: Cheetos Cheesy Good Fortunes Winner's List, 10 South 5thStreet, 7thFloor, Dept. 881-769, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
- SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2018 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.